- Hair straightening
- Hair wigs
- $ Wigs price
- 2013 wigs styles
- 7 Wigs wearing steps
- Celebrities with wigs!!!
- Could wigs cause health problems?
- How to care for a wig?
- How to choose wig by face shape?
- Most popular wig types I
- Reveal beauty and hide defects with wig!
- Top tips about wigs' size, cap and hair
- When were wigs invented?
- Wigs buying tips
Wigs have been a popular fashion accessory of sorts for decades and the wigs of today are very different than the uncomfortable, heavy, helmet looking wigs from the past. Today high quality wigs are light weight, comfortable, painless to wear, realistic looking and easy to care for. New innovations in the wig industry include special features that address issues like security and even additional comfort including, non slip linings and softer fiber wigs.
Even with the latest, innovative wig improvements, several misunderstandings persist when it comes to wigs, including whether or not wearing one can cause health problems. The following will shed some light on the possible health issues wearing wigs can cause and answer the question: “Are wigs bad for your hair?”.
Possible Wigs Problems
- Hair loss
- Damaged hair (breakable, lifeless)
- Can wigs cause headaches?
Wearing a wig can cause headaches, if a wig doesn't fit properly or is worn incorrectly. It can also place pressure on the head and end up causing frequent headaches. However, in most cases if you loosen the wig cap slightly you can alleviate the problem.
- Can wigs cause hair loss?
Wearing wigs may damage even healthy hair and cause hair loss if certain steps aren't followed:
- It is important that your hair is clean and conditioned regularly, even if you plan on wearing a wig.
- Before putting on the wig, taking the time to position your hair instead of simply jamming it under the wig will go a long way toward preventing both breakage and hair loss.
- For individuals who are bald or balding, wearing a synthetic hair alternative lead to scalp health problems because it won't get the natural body oils it needs and will end up extremely dry. A dry scalp can be painful at times and can lessen your chances of new hair growth. So sure to go without the wig enough to give your head plenty of exposure to fresh air and natural oils to avoid dry scalp.
- Are wigs bad for your hair?
You will want to make sure you aren't allergic to any of the material used in the wig you are going to be wearing of course.
Dandruff, hair breakage and etc. are caused by hypoxia (lack of oxygen in head skin and hair root tissues). So you should buy a wig that is made of quality materials, let the skin and hair breathe, not to wear the wig twenty four hours if there is no medical necessity (baldness).
- Which are better for health: synthetic or human hair wigs?
While there are many different types of wigs styles and both synthetic and human hair selections, most of them will cause the same health problems if proper care isn't followed.
It is recommended to use natural human hair wigs, but synthetic wigs also can be made of quality materials that are even useful for health and stimulate hair growth (for example: seaweed).
These kinds of health issues are extreme cases and if you invest in a good quality wig, make the time to prepare your scalp and properly position your hair prior to wearing a wig and follow other above mentioned tips, chances are good that you won't experience any side effects at all.
Luckily, there aren't any serious health problems that occur from wearing today's wigs. New wig design innovations have resulted in feather light wigs, many that weigh less than 2 ounces. In addition, softer, finer cap fabric is used in their construction allowing for greater air circulation and special features include velvet bands for added comfort and different sizes which ensure a perfect fit.
A few advices to prevent wigs problems
"You get what you pay for", so it is worth to invest in a high quality wig that is made of quality materials, even it is relatively expensive.
A wig that you want to buy must have certificates that meet hygiene ant quality standards.
Maybe you do not need full wig (that covers full head), so you can choose half-wig or hair accessories, for instance: hair extensions, pony tails and etc. These accessories now are in fashion.
Take care of your natural hair.
If there is no necessity, do not wear a wig twenty four hours a day. It is recommended to wear a wig maximum a few times a week, mostly 4-6 hours a day.
Properly regulate a wig cap.
Regular and correct care for a wig is necessary.
Appropriate wig storage, regular ventilation is also very important.
If you have any questions and doubts on wigs wearing, do not hesitate to consult a doctor (dermatologist-trichologist).
Read more related articles: